Little Malvern Court
Little Malvern, Nr. Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 4JN
Prior’s Hall, C. 1480, of former Benedictine Monastery. Library, Religious Vestments, Embroideries, Paintings. 10 acre garden – lakes, spring bulbs, blossom, old roses and shrubs.
A 15th Century Prior’s Hall, with oak-framed roof, 5-bay double-collared roof, with two tiers of cusped wind braces. Formerly attached to 12th Century Benedictine Priory, Little Malvern Priory Church may also be visited. Victorian addition by Hansom. Family and European paintings and furniture. Collections of 18th and 19th Century needlework and religious vestments. Home of the Berington family by descent since the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
10 acres of former monastic grounds, newly landscaped in the early 1980’s. Magnificent views over the Severn Valley. Laid out as Garden Rooms around the House, there is a water garden below, feeding into a chain of lakes. Wide variety of spring bulbs, old-fashioned roses, shrubs and trees.
Member of the Historic Houses Association.
- Accepts groups
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed