High Street, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR1 2EY
Grade 1 listed Guildhall/townhall c. 1721 designed by local architect Thomas White. Restored 1878 under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott.
Begun in 1721 The Guildhall replaced an earlier building occupying the same site on the High Street. The designer was reputedly Thomas White, a local stonemason. The building was constructed in the Queen Anne style and contained the administrative centre for Worcester as well as civil and assize courts for the county of Worcestershire. The courts have gone but the Guildhall is still the administrative heart of Worcestershire City Council.
The Guildhall is open 6 days a week and the public may view the Grand Italianate styled Assembly room with its collection of portraits. It may be possible on occasion to visit the cells if staff are available.
Meeting and function rooms available for hire.
- Disabled Access
- Guided Tours Available
- Public Toilet