The Worcester Victorian Fayre
The Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre
Was first started back in 1992 by traders from picturesque New Street and Friar Street. Now in its 27th year, the Fayre may have grown a lot but it has stayed true to its traditional roots with plenty of Victorian themed characters, festive treats and a wonderful atmosphere.
This year there will be almost 200 stalls across the city centre, selling local arts and crafts, delicious street food and gifts.
As well as a wonderful array of stalls, we are looking forward to a fantastic programme of entertainment to celebrate the event’s special anniversary. Look out for Victorian characters in Gin Lane, lofty entertainers on stilts, brilliant musicians on our stages and buskers on every street corner.
No visit to the Fayre would be complete without a ride on the traditional vintage carousel in the Cornmarket and a journey along New Street and Friar Street, Worcester’s independent quarter, home to wonderful shops and fantastic restaurants.
There really is something for everyone and we hope you have a wonderful time!
- Thursday 28th: 12:00 – 21:00
- Friday 29th: 11:00 – 21:00
- Saturday 30th: 10:00 – 20:00
- Sunday 1st: 11:00 – 17:00
- 200 STALLS: There will be so many stalls, selling all sorts of delightful Christmas goodies, handmade items, local produce and much, much more.
- 100,000 + VISITORS: A huge amount of visitors flock to Worcester for the Christmas Fayre every year from all over the UK.
- KEEP IT LOCAL: There will be many local producers from within a 30 mile radius where you can purchase locally sourced food and drink; arts and crafts and Christmas gift ideas from within the region.
- TASTY TREATS: You are sure not to leave feeling hungry, as caterers and food producers on the stalls will be on hand to provide something to tantalise all your taste buds.
- UNIQUE PRODUCTS: A wide range of interesting and unusual items will be available.
- FUN OF THE FAIR: Any Victorian Fayre wouldn’t be complete without a carousel and fun fair, step aboard the Galloper to be whisked around to the sound of the traditional barrel organ.
- ATMOSPHERE: The sights, smells and sounds of Christmas really come alive at the Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre, go back in time and see how Christmas might have looked 150 years ago.
- ENTERTAINMENT: From jolly traditional carols to a lively musical procession, there is plenty of entertainment to keep you smiling throughout the day.
- VICTORIAN THEMED BAR: Warm up your belly at the Victorian themed bar.
- DRESS TO IMPRESS: Victorian ladies, gentlemen, children, chimney sweeps and merchants will fill the historic streets of Worcester, join in with the fun and adorn your best Victorian attire.Come along and see all the fun festivities for yourself, support local businesses and take part in one of the highlights of the Midlands’ festive calendar.